Monday, October 13, 2008

A sincere thankyou to everyone who has encouraged & supported me along this incredible journey

I wish to say a big thank you to everyone that has shared and supported me during this amazing journey, not only of self discovery and personal challenges but also to know it has helped children in need. http://www.fundraiseonline.co.nz/solokayak4makeawish So many people to thank, having only been home for a day and a bit, catching up with family and close friends.
I look forward to writing a more detailed story to share all the adventures along the way, and to keep people informed of how their donations will be used to help children from the Make a Wish Foundation.So this web page will continue long after the actual trip has ended, an avenue to share and encourage others to pursue their dreams and challenges, the kind of experiences that build resilience and a sense of personal achievement.
I arrived back in Tauranga late Sunday evening after stopping off at Ruakaka to spend some time kayaking with the Northshore club on the Whangarei harbour, they were awesome fun to be with, and great to share some time with them all, especially to catch up with Nadia again who I met for the first time during my solo journey, she paddled out to meet me at the Bay of Islands, and has been so enthusiastic throughout the journey, texting often to see how I was going etc.
Also great to have a chat with Charlie Barker, Greg Dunning, Guy Foster all dudes from the original Kayak for Cancer Cape Reinga team.
We shared a few stories of challenges and adventures.
But the most fun part was when we all gate crashed Greg Dunnings tent!! How many people can you fit in one tent before it potentially explodes?
Now it is time to unpack, clean up all the gear and get back into so called normal routine.
To spend time with my family and to come back down to earth.
I will look forward to writng and compliling photos to share with anyone who would like to have an insight into a personal solo journey.
Thanks once again from Robbie & Family

No comments: